Thursday, June 3, 2010

Weighing Down

I love food, and I love horses.
One is a great, and healthy love (horses). The other? Eh. Depends on the day.

Lately I've been eating pretty bad. Drinking full glasses of coke and cappacinos, eating sweets at every meal, loading up on carbs. When its a one day thing, its just one of those days, and you move on to fight another day. But if you add in two more days, then a week, and then a month, well. You are on the wheel of bad health, my friend.

And lately, I've been running that wheel like its fashionable. But slowly, I'm really feeling the effects. I'm tired. Rundown. My lessons are harder, not because I am learning more, but because I'm trudging through. My mind is mushy. And worse of all...my riding pants fit like OJ's glove....not. quite. right.

I guess I saw something in the twin mirrors of the barn last night that clicked. Maybe it was my stomach. Or the way I somehow engulfed Clinton's back. It just wasn't attractive. Or healthy looking. And I thought back to an article I read, about how riding can actually be stressful on the heart if its the only form of exercise you do. And right now, it is.

I went home last night, after a surprisingly great lesson, and hopped on the scale. I peeked through my hands and looked at the number. 172. Gross.

So I hit my internal reboot. Made my breakfast this morning. Made a cup of tea. Plan to eat better all day. And started thinking positively. Tonight I am planning to workout. Do it all again tomorrow. And keep it up.

Because I've never seen a heavy, unhealthy rider in the Grand Prix. And I don't plan on being the first!

Peace, Love and Reins, DG

2 comments:

  1. Don't be so hard on yourself. You're a busy woman who has to balance work, married life, and somehow exercise. You know what? Maybe try to convince Mark to do something fun as exercise with you.....like going on a nightly walk or something, or bike riding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your positive attitude. It's not about falling down, it's about getting right back "on the horse". I made a funny. ;P

    ReplyDelete