Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Humpty Dumpty

Okay. This is getting ridiculous.

I fell again.

This time, it was a bit harder to get up. I fell on my hip, and it took me a moment to get up again. Wow, did that HURT. No bruising today that can be seen, but I think someone may have inserted a golf ball in my hip as I fell. And I feel a little whiplash in my neck. Definitely some hitch in my giddy-up today (poor horse joke, I know!!).

I thought Clinton spooked again, but Mary thinks I lost my balance. (She is probably right) I got back on and trotted and walked. I needed to do that, or I don’t know if I would ever get the nerve up.

And I haven’t fallen off a horse in YEARS…now twice in two weeks?

So I am being relegated back to being on the lunge line for the next few rides, until I can get myself together. Instead of being nervous on the horse, I am starting to get a little scared. And that just makes me mad.

I want this too much to quit, or let being terrified stop me. And the more I feel that niggling twinge of fear in my gut, the madder I get, and the more determined I get.

No more falling.

Pinkie swear!!

No comments:

Post a Comment