Thursday, December 31, 2009

Resolutions

The time has come, my friends, to start a list of resolutions. I love New Years....its a new beginning, a fresh start, a way to start over and make this year the best ever. I'll be honest...rarely do I complete my resolutions, but I do give it the old college try. Part of the problem, I think, is not putting them out there for everyone to see. After all, if you don't know I'd resolved to do anything, there wasn't really a resolution, was there? :)

So here are a few of my resolutions for the beginning of 2010. Since I've put them out there, maybe this will be one of the good years when I do what I resolve.

1) I resolve to be less afraid.
This is a hard one to do, and even harder to admit. I am afraid of a lot. Some are very tiny fears like 3D movies (I HATE when things jump out at you. Ugh), and some are huge, like flying. There are also my fears of water (as in not being able to touch the bottom, or not being able to swim well), heights of any kind, spiders and illness. I feel completely ridiculous for being fearful (and some of you...you know who you are...think the same), and I hate that it can sometimes lead to my taking the safe route in life. So its time to push away the fear (or medicate...the flying fear is pretty awful), and do something risky and fun. After all, life is meant to be lived, right?

2) I resolve to be healthier.
Now, most people either have this resolution, or the one to lose weight. But instead of putting poundage out there, I am just trying to change my lifestyle. Less sweets, more exercise and vegetables. I think by taking things slow, I won't feel discouraged and end up blowing the whole thing on a box of chocolates. :)

3) I resolve to be more charitable.
I realize that as much as I want to help my fellow man, I don't exactly follow through. This year I want to get more involved with my local horse rescue, volunteer at a soup kitchen, and make a donation to a charity who needs it. This is an easy one...a few hours a week or a month, and I have accomplished my goal.

I have others, but these are my biggest goals. With positive thinking, I'm sure I can make 2010 a year to remember. What about you, out there? Have any special resolutions to share?

With that, I want to wish my readers a Happy New Year! Write down your resolutions, don your party hat, and have some fun tonight. And be safe!

Peace, Love and Reins....DG


ALSO....a special shout out to my friends Lindsey and Shaun who just welcomed their baby girl, Gabriella Dylan, into the world this morning. Nothing makes the world seem right like the birth of a new baby. A special Happy New Year's wish to them!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment