Thursday, February 5, 2015

Passing Time / Equine Update

Has it REALLY been over a year since I last posted?

I visit this blog continuously, but haven't felt like writing. I'm often tired, and too busy with the daily in and outs of being a stay-at-home Mom. By the time Andrew is asleep, all I want to do is veg on the couch with my husband, and watch truly terrible TV. We moved to North Carolina three years ago, and since that time, between having a baby, setting up the home, and trying to make a life here, I've forgot the simple pleasure of writing here.

Or, maybe I've just gotten lazy. (Hey, it happens!!) One thing for sure is...I've missed coming here and writing. So I'll try, dear readers, to be much better. For now, I'll just write a short update.

No new news on the Equine front. I haven't ridden in three years. THREE YEARS! I used to jones for a ride, the way a sugar addict needs that one. last. COOKIE. But as time passed, and months turned to years, the yearning has slowed from a scream in my head, to a dull ache. The need to ride a clean test; the need to keep my seat deep in the saddle; the need to hug a horse; running my hands through their coats...it's a feeling that almost belongs to someone else.

Almost. My son is about to start preschool in the Fall, and I'm about to have a little more time on my hands. Time to finally clean the house, watch some TV I've missed, read my books, and get crafts done. Maybe even find a little part-time job. As I struggle with the sadness of not having my son all the time, I am also excited to have some space for me again. And a little voice inside me says, "Now. Finally. It's time to start getting back on the horse." Literally.

The stars are aligning again. Last week, my neighbor (a horse enthusiast like myself), and I were walking through the neighborhood, when she casually mentioned her daughter was getting interested in Dressage. That led to a discussion of area barns. And the mention of a horse at one of those barns who is up for lease. The dull ache to ride returned. A little less dull. When I went home, I started looking at the barns she mentioned, and the horse. The horse is probably not a good fit for me, but it opened up my eyes to the prospect of leasing again. To riding regularly. With the wind in my face, and a trainer (probably yelling at me to sit deeper and quiet my hands).

Dull ache? It's a full on jonesing again.

Oh boy.

So that's all the news on the horse front. But there's other exciting things. Which I'll write more about in my next post.

I promise!!

No comments:

Post a Comment